In our recent writing about the best nurse gift ideas, one thing that was mentioned was magazine subscriptions. Every nurse loves magazines! Of course you have the usual gossip and celebrity magazines like People and the Enquirer, but we wanted to take a look at some of the best nursing magazines that are focused on nurses in particular. After speaking with many nurses, we came up with this list of the top ten magazine choices. You can buy all of these subscriptions directly from the publisher, of you can make your life easier by buying them online from companies such as Amazon.
- Critical Care Nurse- This one comes out every two months, or 1 times a year. It is written by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. If you buy a subscription online, it will cost you around $6.50 an issue, or $39 a year.
- Registered Nurse Journal- This one is also issued once every two months, or twice a year. It is published by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario. You can buy a yearly subscription online for around $42.
- Beginnings- If you are into holistic nursing, or want more information on the career field, this one is for you. It comes out 6 times a year, and you can purchase a subscription online for around $36. It is published by the American Holistic Nurses association.
- Oncology Nurse Advisor- This one is published by Haymarket Medical. They print 6 issues a year, and it will cost you around $12.50 an issue.
- American Journal of Critical Care- It’s published by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. You can receive 6 issues a year for around $59 if you buy it from Amazon.
- Nursing & Residential Care- At a whopping $987 a year for 12 issues, this is absolutely one of the most expensive nursing magazines. I just want someone to buy it and review it for me so that I can figure out why it costs so much! It’s published by Ma Healthcare Ltd.
- British Journal of Nursing- This is the only magazine that I could find that will cost you more than the last one. Then again, you do get 22 issues a year. At only $1,438 a year, I guess that’s a bargain? It is also published by Ma Healthcare Ltd.
- Journal of Diabetes Nursing- It’s published by SB Communications Group. They have 10 issues a year, and it will cost you around $220.
- Alberta RN- It’s published by the College & Association of RN Alberta. 6 issues a year will cost you around $47.
- Creative Nursing- Issued by Springer Publishing Company, they have just 4 issues a year. It costs around $79.
So there you have it, our list of the top 10 nurse magazines. If you know a nurse that deserves a gift, you can use this list to find something for them.
Latest posts by George Tall (see all)
- California Kaiser Nurse Strike Cancelled - January 19, 2015
- Ohio Set To Ax School Nurses - January 14, 2015
- Tuscaloosa CNA Arrested for Punching 93 Year Old Patient - January 12, 2015