I have been doing so much writing about nursing bags lately (see the articles about bags including: free, students, cute, best, and more) that it has me wondering what most nurses lug around in their bags. I know that my wife (Nurse Stacey) never leaves home without hers. I also know that hers weighs around 20 pounds (not exaggerating, maybe), and she has actually had me bring it to her LTAC when she has forgotten it.
So I was wondering, what do you put in your nursing bag? I actually plan on doing a whole series of interviews asking this question. I also hope that some of you may chime in with what’s in yours. It may be helpful to some, and probably funny to most of us, to find out just how many “things” you can stuff into it.
To get this started, Stacey has volunteered (reluctantly) to help me by describing what she has in hers right now:
- lots of magazines such as People, Soap Opera Digest, etc.
- some chips, peanuts and other snacks to keep her happy all night
- a lite jacket
- some female products
- her iPad
- at least a dozen black pens
- a yellow highlighter
- sticky notes
- a miniature fan (it’s always hot at the LTAC)
- chewing gum
- a small flashlight
- a book about angels
- some change (counted $3.20 in loose change) for the vending machines
- breath mints
- a calculator
Yep, it’s basically a backup purse that she can throw anything, and everything, into. It’s actually so good that I wish that I could have one! Of course mine would mainly be filled with fishing supplies, hunting magazines, video games, and other “boy stuff”.
So how about you? What do you have in your nurse bag right now? We would love to hear from you!
Latest posts by George Tall (see all)
- California Kaiser Nurse Strike Cancelled - January 19, 2015
- Ohio Set To Ax School Nurses - January 14, 2015
- Tuscaloosa CNA Arrested for Punching 93 Year Old Patient - January 12, 2015